Achieving Good and Outstanding: Preparing for inspection
You never know when the CQC will visit for your next inspection. So it’s important that you and your staff are prepared.
On this one-day training seminar, provided in association with Skills For Care, you will learn about the most recent changes (November 2017) to CQC inspections, plus what inspectors look for and how you can evidence that you meet their requirements. Drawing on best practice, we will cover:
- An overview of the inspection process
- What staff, resident and family interviews focus on and how you can prepare for them
- How to prepare your team to share and demonstrate good practice in an inspection
- What types of documents, records and other evidence you should collect and which the CQC might request from you
- How to identify areas for improvement
- Developing an action plan to address improvement before your next CQC inspection
- The common pitfalls that result in an ‘inadequate’ or ‘requires improvement’ rating
- The practical guidance that will help you comply with best practice and the latest legislation
You’ll also get an evidence and action planning tool to help you implement your learning and put steps in place to proactively prepare for your next inspection.
Date: Tuesday 4th June 2019
Location: St Julien Suite, Novotel London West Hotel & Convention Centre, One Shortlands, London, W6 8DR
Registration begins at 09.15 a.m. The seminar runs from 10.00 a.m. until 15.30 p.m.
Refreshments and a buffet lunch will be provided.
The seminar costs £375 + VAT (£450.00).
There is a £50 discount for prior and existing customers of Fulcrum Care – please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount code.